The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the fraud analyst job description are listed below:
- Responsible for the prevention and detection of potential fraud across all payment channels by reviewing customers’ accounts
- Monitor debit card fraud alerts daily and take necessary action to protect customers and the bank
- Identify fraud patterns through the monitoring of high-risk countries and merchants
- Contribute to the creation of fraud rules by providing analytical data to support decisions
- Ensure information flow and deliverables are met to mitigate fraud by facilitating weekly calls with external card fraud analyst at processor
- Accurately document all actions taken on a case
- Verify activities through outbound calls and/or send “Potential Fraud Alert” e-mails to customers
- Responsible for reconciling debit card fraud disputes claims with the Master Fraud Transactions
- Provide support to the Operational and Business units of the organization on fraud related matters
- Regularly prepare reports for the bank’s Risk Management Organization
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of fraud situation in the industry
- Report risk information and findings to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Actively participate in team meetings; share information and make suggestions for improvements to fraud operations.
2-3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN E-CHANNELS INVESTIGATION IN A BANK.
- ACCA, ICAN, CISA will be an added advantage.
Bachelors (B.sc, B.eng)
minimum years of experience